Angelica - better immunity
Angelia (Angelica archangelica) is one of the strongest herbs in Lapland. A real defender of the body.
The native people to Finnish Lapland, the Sami considered Angelica a holy herb which prevented from the disease. The herb rich in vitamin C and iron was welcome after the long and harsh winters. It used to be of great help in the fight against scurvy, plague and Spanish flu.
Benefits of Angelica
Angelica archangelica is very antibacterial killing bacteria, or at least preventing their growth. It’s an excellent prevention of both respiratory symptoms and digestive problems.
Angelica boosts your immunity and helps you to stay healthy.
Experiences of Angelica
Angelica Archangelica may help when you
- have a sore throat
- feel like catching a cold
- have taken antibiotics
- have prostate problems
- are driving long distance
Dosage of Angelica
Although Angelica archangelica is one of the strongest arctic herbs, it is safe to use. Angelica tee is an effective flu fighter, yet contains only the water-soluable substances of the herb. Our extracts contain both water and fat soluable substances of the herb, that is, all the goodies it has to offer.
The maximum dosage for adults is 2 herbal shots or 2 teaspoons of bottled extract.
Angelica suits also to the small ones from one year old up. For a toddler a drop or two is enough, 5-6 year old ones can take half a teaspoon. From 7 years onwards 1 shot or 1 teaspoon a day is suitable dosage.
Research about angelica
- Essential oil composition and antimicrobial activity of Angelica archangelica
- Angelica archangelica Linn. is an angel on earth for the treatment of diseases
- “They Followed the Power of the Plant”: Historical Sami Harvest and Traditional Ecological Knowledge (Tek) of Angelica archangelica in Northern Fennoscandia