According to the General Data Protection Regulation, the personal data controller of a register is obligated to inform the register’s data subjects in a clear manner. This statement fulfils this informing obligation.
1. Personal data controller
Arctic Warriors Oy
Contact information in matters related to personal data files who is also company’s data protection officer:
Arctic Warriors Oy
Ilkka Kauppinen, CEO
2. Data subjects
Persons included in the register:
1) Web shop customers
2) Subscribers of our newsletter from page www.arcticwarriors.fi
3) Subscribers of our blog from page www.arcticwarriors.fi
4) Business partners
5) Affiliate partners
3. Purpose of use of personal data
Grounds for keeping the register:
• personal data is being processed based on an existing customer relationship
• personal data is being processed based on consent
• notify about new blog posts
• notifying about new co-operation possibilities to affiliate partners
• sell to B2B customers
Purpose for the register and the processing of personal data
Personal data is only being processed for predetermined purposes, which are:
• customer relationship management
• informing about services
• informing about new blog posts
4. Personal data recorded in the register
The customer register contains the following information:
• Phone number
• username and password of the web shop
• username and password of the affiliate area
• Information on products/services bought
• Negoations with B2B customers
5. The data subject’s rights
The data subject has the following rights, and requests for their use should be sent to email@example.com
Right to access data
The data subject may check the data we have recorded.
Right to rectification
The data subject may request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
Right to object
The data subject may object to the processing of personal data if the data subject feels that personal data has been processed unlawfully.
Right to forbid direct marketing
The data subject has the right to forbid the use of personal data for direct marketing.
Right to deletion
The data subject has the right to request the deletion of data if personal data processing is not necessary. We will handle the request for deletion and proceed to either delete the data or state a justified reason for not being able to delete the data.
It should be noted that the controller may have legal or other rights to not delete the requested data. The controller is obligated to preserve accounting materials for the duration (10 years) set out in the Accounting Act (Chapter 2, Section 10). For this reason, materials related to accounting cannot be deleted before that term has expired.
If the processing of personal data is only based on the data subject’s consent and not for instance on a customer relationship or membership, the data subject may withdraw consent.
The data subject may complain of the decision to the Data Protection Supervisor
The data subject has the right to demand us to restrict the processing of controversial data until the matter is solved.
Right to complain
The data subject has the right to complain to the Data Protection Supervisor if the data subject feels that we are violating the effective data protection regulation when processing personal data.
Contact information of the data protection supervisor: www.tietosuoja.fi/en/index/yhteystiedot.html
6. Regular information sources
Customer information is regularly obtained from: (write how you are collecting customer information)
• as the customer relationship is born
• through an online form
7. Regular disclosure of data
If you are not disclosing information:
The data is not generally disclosed for marketing purposes outside Arctic Warriors Oy.
We have made sure that all our service provided are complying with data protection legislation. We are regularly using the following service providers:
• Survey Monkey
8. Duration of processing
• Personal data is usually processed for as long as the customer relationship exists.
• The data subject may unsubscribe from our marketing list by clicking the link on each of our marketing e-mails.
• Data is stored at least 2 years.
9. Personal data processors
The employees of Arctic Warriors Oy are processing the customer register.
The controller and its employees process personal data. We may also outsource the processing of personal data partly to a third party, in which case we will guarantee with contractual arrangements that personal data is processed in compliance with valid data protection legislation and also otherwise appropriately.
Also employers of our accounting firm (Administer Oy) and CRM program (Netvisor Oy) have limited access to personal information.
10. Transferring data outside the EU
Personal data is not transferred outside the EU or the EEA.
11. Automatic decision-making and profiling
We are not using the data for automatic decision-making or profiling. Cookies from a third party exist in our website. The information of them is used for marketing purposes. Coocies present: Googla Analytics, AdWords, Hotjar and Facebook.